To ensure that all visitors, inhabitants and wildlife on the Rock have a positive experience, we kindly ask you to agree to adhere to the following simple
- The woodland walk is closed down. If you live local, we would love to welcome you, but by prior arrangement only. Please contact us to arrange a conversation about that.
- If you have been on the Rock before ownership changed on 2016 or know the previous owner, we need to know and we’d have a chat with you. We have been targeted maliciously by her and her family and want to ensure that we’re all feeling safe.
- Please try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 10pm and 8am. Loud electronic music does not fit in well in our environment. Please keep it silent or wear headphones.
- Please respect nature.
- Only make fires in the designated fire pits (ringed with stone) There is a lot of peat which is flammable and can burn for a long time under ground! We may temporarily prohibit fires in times of drought.
- Please do not collect your own firewood from the woods, and do not cut or harm any trees.
- Please do not burn anything other than wood (or paper to start the fire). Seasoned wood is available from the reception for RR7 per bag. Or you are welcome to buy or bring your own untreated wood or charcoal.
- Keep to footpaths, and enjoy the beach!
- Our new showerblock is 100% eco friendly. We need to ask you to only use biodegradable soaps. We will provide you with suitable soaps and shampoo if yours are not suitable.
- We don’t take responsibility for your children. We do our best to make the rock safe as best we can. We trust you to guide them so that they can enjoy the freedom of the outdoors without causing damage or hurting themselves.
- We recommend that you bring good shoes and jackets, midge repellents or hats and binoculars!
- Sorry, but no dogs on Rubha Phoil. This a sensitive area of natural beauty with gardens and food growing. We want to avoid disturbing lifestock, wildlife and other visitors. A full explanation is here (registered guide dogs are welcome, of course.)
- No hen or stag parties.
- No drones.
- Covid safety regulations apply too of course! We will ask you if you are vaccinated. If you are not, we will respect that, but we ask of you in return to adhere to a few extra safety conditions. We aim to be a safe space for everyone, including people with a compromised immune system.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the property.
If you are staying for longer than a week, we ask you to join the Nature Connection Program on the Virtual Village, prior to your stay.
If you are coming to visit the community, please accept that we have our own culture and please allow us to guide you into that gently. Please accept that we are a alcohol and drugs free community (if you come as a paying tourist and are not mixing within the community, this does not apply to you, though we do request to keep things civil.)
Our communal outdoor kitchen is vegan, poor on sugar and we prefer real food. You are welcome to bring any food with you for yourself.
For the cabin (Glamping Pod) users
- You can book your stay on the Virtual Village.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings at any time for any reasonable reason.
- The Cabin has a fridge, kettle, toaster, WIFI, torch and an electrical heater. There is a small kitchen available with a gas hob and all the basics
- You will have your own compost toilet.
- The showers are 200 meters walk from the cabin.
- Bring your own blankets or sleeping bags if you can, if not, let us know, we’ll do our best to help. We have a cot for small children available too.
- The Cabin can sleep up to 5 people.
- Check in between 4PM and 8PM please, and vacate before 12AM.
- You can drive a car to the cabin to unload. But the car needs to be parked in our private car park.
The West coast of Scotland can be really wet and windy. Check the weather forecast. Take into account that the ferry can be cancelled or delayed in bad weather or spring low tides. Travel instructions are at the bottom of the page here.
We are used to midges and ticks. Come ask us for advice if you need it.
We have tick twisters, midge repellent, midge hats and a few other essential gear for sale on our Virtual Village if you need it.
Full refund of the Rubha Rocks if cancelled two weeks before the start of your stay. After that 80%, only if we manage to find a replacement to fill your space. (we almost always manage to do so) If we don’t manage to fill your space, no refund will be given. We recommend that you would take travel insurance to minimize any inconvenience with short notice cancellations. Full refund will be given if the governments lock us down due to Covid.
If we cancel bookings, we will give a full refund. If we need to intervene due to negative behaviour and have to ask you to leave, we will not give any refunds.
Please note that the Virtual Village will not be able to refund you for your Rubha Rocks. You can sell your RR’s onwards to others in the Virtual Village.
Please note that these terms and conditions above are only for visiting the Rock in Real life. There are additional terms and conditions for the Virtual Village! You can see them here.
THANK YOU AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!