To ensure that all visitors, inhabitants and wildlife on the Rock have a positive experience, we kindly ask you to follow the following simple code of conduct.
If you need us for any reason feel free to call or SMS 0044(0)7393830403.
- The woodland walk is closed down. If you live local, we would love to welcome you. Please contact us to arrange a conversation about that.
- Please try to keep noise to at a minimum, especially between 10pm and 8am. Loud electronic music does not fit in well in our environment.
- Please respect nature.
- Only make fires in the designated fire pits (ringed with stone) There is a lot of peat which is flammable and can burn for a long time under ground!
- Please do not collect your own firewood from the woods, and do not cut or harm any trees.
- Please do not burn anything other than wood (or paper to start the fire). Seasoned wood is available from the reception for £6 per bag. We also have charcoal. Or you are welcome to buy or bring your own untreated wood or charcoal.
- Keep to footpaths, and enjoy the beach!
- We would like to ask you to only use biodegradable soaps. We can provide you with suitable soaps for a fair price.
- Supervise children so that they can enjoy the freedom of the outdoors without causing damage (eg. climbing trees with thin or dead branches…..).
- We recommend that you bring good shoes and jackets, midge repellents or hats and binoculars!
- Sorry, but no dogs on Rubha Phoil. This a sensitive area of natural beauty with gardens and food growing. We want to avoid disturbing lifestock, wildlife and other visitors. (registered guide dogs are welcome, of course.)
- No hen or stag parties.
- No drones.
If you are coming to visit the community, please accept that we are a alcohol and drugs free community (if you come as a paying tourist, this does not apply to you.)
Our kitchen is vegan, but you are welcome to bring food with you for yourself.
For the cabin users
- The Cabin has a fridge and an electrical heater. There is a small kitchen available.
- Bring your own blankets or sleeping bags if you can, if not, let us know, we’ll do our best to help.
- The Cabin can sleep up to 5 people.
- Check in between 4PM and 8PM please, and vacate before 12AM.
- You can drive a car to the cabin to unload. But the car needs to be parked in our private car park.
For the campers:
- We are no longer open as a ‘normal’ campsite for tourists, sorry.
The West coast of Scotland can be really wet and windy. Check the weather forecast.
We are used to midges and ticks. Come ask us for advice if you need it.
We have tick twisters, midge repellent, midge hats and a few other essential camping gear for sale if you need it.
Full refund (minus bank costs) if cancelled two weeks before the start of your stay. After that 80%, only if we manage to find a replacement to fill your space. If we don’t manage to fill your space, no refund will be given. We recommend that you would take travel insurance to minimize any inconvenience with short notice cancellations.
THANK YOU AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!