We’re offering the perfect start for a couple who wish to start a new life, living in a permaculture community in one of the most gorgeous places in Scotland.
About the house:
- Intensive renovations have been done: New floors, shower and sunroof, new deck and new windows. And several layers of outdoor paint!
- The house has a few minor renovations to do still, including adding some extra insulation under the floor.
- Wood-fire heated, with wood supply from the forest possible. There is enough wood in store to get you started.
- Seven-minute walk from the shop, and post office. 3 Miles away from the local Gaelic speaking primary school.
- Right next to the ferry, which connects to the train line straight to Fort William, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- The house is one big gorgeous open space. With a living space, a kitchen and a mezzanine bedroom. Sun room and bathroom have doors. It is suitable for a couple with up to a few small kids, but there is no privacy for older kids. They could perhaps live in their own den or tiny home nearby if they are independent enough, or an extension can be build.
Who we’re looking for:
- We want our community to be a safe space for everyone who lives here. Including for children and for all of us, whatever vulnerability we might have. This means that we are looking for people who are recognise that this is a learning journey and whom are willing to go on a community building journey together. First this means that we want to step into a conversation with you to get to know each other before we welcome you to visit us.
- A couple with a combination of project management, DIY, or handy skills.
- To work for Rubha Phoil at this stage, you need to be able to write invoices.
There are plenty of jobs on the island for trades people, essential workers and in the tourist trade, but our dream is to home people who ultimately want to work mostly in our community. Ideas for making a living here are limited only by the imagination. Rubha Phoil is the perfect location to have a viable, sustainable nature friendly business. Tell us your dreams and we can discuss it!
- No Pets, please, our land is a wildlife haven. More info here.
- There is a little bit of work left to do on the house. If you are happy to stay in the holiday accommodation while helping us finalizing the house, we’d have the perfect start together.
- There is an excellent Gaelic primary school nearby, a secondary school in Portree and an opportunity and huge desire for us to create our own un-school on Rubha Phoil.
What is the cost?
Rent can be negotiated through a combination of £s and work done for the community of Rubha Phoil. This means that the cost is very flexible and is determined on a case-by-case basis. Let’s chat to see how your needs meet ours!
You can find out more about how to join our community here.
If you know someone that might be interested, do pass it on!