We’re offering the perfect start for a couple who wish to start a new life, living in a permaculture community in one of the most gorgeous places in Scotland.
About the house:
- Intensive renovations have been done: New floors, shower and sunroof, new deck and new windows. And several layers of paint!
- The house has a few minor renovations to do still.
- Wood-fire heated, with wood supply from the forest possible.
- Seven-minute walk from the shop, and post office.
- Three-minute walk to the ferry.
- The house is one big open space. It is suitable for a couple with one or two small kids, but there is no privacy for older kids. They could perhaps live in a hut nearby if they are independent enough, or an extension can be build.
Who we’re looking for:
- A couple with a combination of project management, DIY, or handy skills.
- To work for Rubha Phoil at this stage, you need to be able to write invoices.
There are plenty of jobs on the island for trades people, essential workers and in the tourist trade, but our dream is to home people who ultimately want to work in our community. Ideas for making a living here are limited only by the imagination. Rubha Phoil is the perfect location to have a viable, sustainable nature friendly business. Tell us your dreams and we can discuss it!
- No Pets, please, our land is a wildlife haven. More info here.
- There is a little bit of work left to do on the house. If you are happy to stay in the holiday accommodation while helping us finalizing the house, we’d have the perfect start together.
- There is an excellent Gaelic primary school nearby, a secondary school in Portree and an opportunity for us to create our own school on Rubha Phoil.
- It’s pretty hard to create a social immune bubble in a community. We want people with compromised immune systems to feel safe too. We prefer people who understand the social responsibility of social distancing when needed and can be flexible.
What is the cost?
Rent may be payd through a combination of £s and work done for the community of Rubha Phoil. This means that the cost is very flexible and is determined on a case-by-case basis. Let’s chat to see how your needs meet ours!
If you know someone that might be interested, do pass it on!